Sustainability lasts longest
Cordeel actively contributes to sustainability in the building and property sectors. We give our customers advice on sustainable solutions and realise projects in a way that is environmentally sustainable. We became a member of MVO Drechtsteden (CSR Netherlands in Drechtsteden), a local network of sustainable companies, in order to share our knowledge and to stay informed.
Sustainability is much more than investing in energy-saving measures. We take into account starting from the design phase, the type of materials used, the lifespan and other options such as multifunctionality, maintenance and renovation.
Sustainable building at our own business premises
Of course, we set a good example by incorporating sustainable building principles in our company buildings:
- Attention for building physics: high insulation values and airtightness.
- Reduction of the cooling capacity by using intelligent sun blinds.
- Thermal storage installations reduce the use of energy and CO2
- Air treatment with a heat exchanger.
- Automatic lighting system for natural light and movement sensors.
- High-efficiency solar panels.
- Rainwater utilisation systems for flushing toilets that use less water.
- Use of sustainable materials.
- Intensive waste management and recycling.
BREEAM sustainability label
When it comes to designing sustainable buildings, strong collaboration between client, designer(s) and contractor is essential. A challenge Cordeel is equipped for. Many of our projects have received the BREEAM sustainability label (an Environmental Assessment Method originally developed by British research organisation BRE). We even employ a BREEAM expert.
Of course, Cordeel in the Netherlands is certified in the ISO 14001 standard.